At Soundcastle, we work to:
- Advocate that everyone has the power to make music and the right to feel ownership of it.
- Spark a social revolution, instigating active music-making in people’s lives, homes and communities.
- Celebrate the incredible power of music to connect people across language and social barriers and its profound and positive effect on our mental health and wellbeing,
- Promote socially grounded approaches to participatory music-making through the Soundcastle Theory of Practice.
- Support positive change in communities, individuals and creative organisations, through creative music making, coaching and training.
Our social mission is at the heart of how we function:
- We are a social enterprise – we do not make a profit but reinvest in Soundcastle.
- We produce evidence and research to innovate the field of socially-engaged music-making.
- We embed in local communities in London, Bristol and Sussex and recruit locally.
- We engage visionary, exceptional facilitators with a vision for change.
- We strive for sustainability and lasting impact.